Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Hurry up and Wait!

For all the inquiring minds (I think my facebook status made people get excited and/or panic that I was going into labor.... oops, I'm sorry!), here is an update from the past day or two, including our doctor appointment today.

As of today I am 39 weeks, 4 days pregnant. I am so, so very sorry to all the pregnant ladies that I ever judged. When you waddled, I thought you wanted attention. When you sighed and grunted trying to get off the couch, I may have thought you were a drama-queen. When you said how sleep was difficult or that it was hard to move in bed, I thought you had taken exaggeration to a new level. I am so sorry for judging you. Did you read that? Let me say it again, I am so sorry. This "last week" of pregnancy is kicking my butt up and down and sideways. Every day is literally a little more uncomfortable and I run out of just a little more patience. I always thought that when people got so impatient at the end of pregnancy, it's just because they wanted to meet their little one.

And believe me--I CANNOT WAIT to meet Lierre. Holy cow, she is so close and I love her and I can't wait to snuggle her. BUT. I am so.... so.... so uncomfortable. My hips feel like they have screw drivers in them. I have to get out of bed to roll over majority of the time (don't laugh. you try putting a 20 lb weight on your stomach and take away your ab muscles and then try to roll over). When I drop something, I stare at it awhile and consider how important it is that I try to pick it up. ANNNDDD to top it off:

I think I got maybe 2 hours of sleep last night due to contractions. I had been having tightening type contractions for at least a week and a half (my stomach would tighten, but they weren't painful), but these last night were super uncomfortable. I thought maybe this was it, since they came and were not going away. They continued into the morning while I was getting ready. I was excited despite the pain and exhaustion. I even spent an extra long time getting ready, doing my hair (because, duh, obviously everyone needs good hair if you are going to go into labor). Then, I pulled into the doctor's office parking lot. The contractions came to a screeching halt. I was SO frustrated! They hooked me up for a Non-Stress Test (again, this just monitors baby's heart rate, movement, and if I am having contractions). After being hooked up for about 25 minutes, they only managed to get one medium sized contraction recorded. BAH! I just wanted them to see how many contractions I've been having and for my own personal mind-set, I wanted to see where my most painful contractions were "rating" so I could know what I was in for.

Anyway, the exam was way painful today unlike last week. Not pleased. At this point I was running on about 2 hours of sleep, my contractions had stopped (a.k.a. were pointless in my mind), and then the exam hurt. That on top of my general craziness the past few days (weeks?) made me in a pretty bad mood. The doctor said that I am 1 cm dilated, my cervix is soft, her head is low, and I am "pretty thinned out." She did not give a percentage of effacement like last week (which was 70%). Soo.... in theory, good news (which I know it is--please don't preach to me. I am thankful she is healthy and I am trying to be patient). In my grumpy mind set, I couldn't believe all my contractions had only amounted to 1 cm and that my discomfort was going to have to continue instead of going away after what I was sure was going to be an inevitable and quick labor today (hahahaha I know).

We have another appointment set for Monday (40 weeks, 2 days) if she has not come by then, in which we will discuss/choose an induction date. My practice does not like to go past 41 weeks.

Anywho, ever since leaving today I have had a handful more of the achey contractions, but there is no pattern still. Prayers that it might amp up and get regular or maybe stop, please?

......................................

Here are some pictures from last night at Lake Townsend. Tim saw me quickly heading towards the end of my rope (there are a few other pretty important things I am waiting on at the moment as well, and I feel like I am in the movie "Groundhog's Day" where I just keep repeating the same day over and over), so he decided to get me out of the house for a little. It was just what I needed and it was so pretty!


It was Jack's first time ever being in/near water! He loved it!


He is so handsome. I'm so glad he is mine.

Loving baby at 39 weeks, 3 days



My favorite guys! <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment