Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Glucose Carnival Baby Sweets

26 weeks 3 days

Ok, so this picture isn't good at all and kind of far away, but I figured if I kept waiting for a time where Tim and I were both together, not dressed in pajamas, and not rushing somewhere, we would never get a picture. My hair is wet because I'd just showered, so ignore that part. That's me and Lierre at 26 weeks and 3 days. Little bump is just growing right along and I am getting more excited to meet her every day. 

Tomorrow morning I am going to take my 1 hour glucose test. Pleaaaase pray and cross your fingers that I pass the one hour and don't have to do the stinking 3 hour test. That just sounds awful to me. 

This week Lierre's ears are more sensitive than ever.  The websites say that she can probably even hear Tim's voice when we are chatting---when I told Tim this he thought about it throughout the day and then later that night said the sweetest "good night" to Lierre, so much so that I got a little teary eyed. However, my emotions have been a pogo stick this week, so it could just be that (but I don't think so). Also she is practicing breathing--keep it up little lady, get as strong as you can! 

My lower back and hips have been killing me this week. I mean the worst ever. One night it was so bad that I kept both Tim and myself up by tossing, turning, getting up, rearranging, moaning, etc all night long. Since then it hasn't been quite as bad, but still pretty bad. I need some prenatal yoga or something to help stretch it out. Other things I have been thinking about this week---reading up on/deciding on some big "items" for baby like car seats, carriers, strollers and the like. Also I have been trying to read up on making a birth plan.... While I know birthing tends to be full of surprises sometimes and I need to be flexible, I also want to be informed on just about everything so that if x, y, z happens I will know what is going on and can keep it together a little better (so I like a little control, so sue me....). 



I didn't feel very good yesterday. Thankfully with the cuddles of this sweet pup and some home cooked food from mom, I am feeling much better today!

MY FIRST MOTHER'S DAY CARD EVER

Mother's Day was this past Sunday. We spent some nice time with my mom and my family. I got a few cards which made me feel very special.  Throughout the day (Debbie Downer alert), however, I had many different kinds of mothers on my heart. I couldn't help but think of certain people I know (including family members) who have lost their little ones in the past year or two and how they must be feeling--I can't even fathom it. The emptiness they must feel in their arms and in their hearts must be so overwhelming.  I thought about women who have issues with infertility and my heart broke for them, too. Once again I can't imagine what it must feel like to try so hard and want and wait and pray for a child and not be able to conceive. Here's to hoping for miracles for all of you. And lastly I thought about birth mothers who have had to give up their little ones for whatever the reason. No matter what their situations, I am sure there was at least a moment, if not many moments, where they missed the little ones that they gave up, where they imagined the "what ifs" and felt such a longing for their little ones...... If you fall into any of these categories, you were on my heart on Sunday and I said many prayers for you all. 

Serious Timmy at the carnival


Carnival fun

Yummy chicken recipe that is the easiest thing ever that I tried this week

I made these. JUST kidding, we got them in NY and I've been missing them ever since.

That's all for now---I will let everybody know the results of the glucose test later. As always, thanks for your support, your kind words, reading these silly posts of mine, and just generally being awesome.




1 comment:

  1. Amen, my friend. Those mothers are on my heart every year on Mother's Day, too.

    ReplyDelete