Wednesday, September 19, 2012

One Month

Lierre,

My dear, sweet girl... You have wedged yourself so deeply into our hearts in such a short amount of time. Of course I have loved you from the time I had any inkling you were growing inside of me, but it really hit home the other day when I realized I officially have memories with you now and know some of your silly traits and could slightly predict your behaviors.

Cuddling on your One Month


We went to the doctor yesterday for your hepatitis b vaccine and well-baby checkup. It was definitely much harder for me than it was for you! Daddy got to come, too which helped so much. You weigh 9 pounds 4.5 ounces (I was only two ounces off in guessing your weight...the nurse said I must have been cheating) and are 22 inches long.... your weight is in the 50th percentile and your length is in the 75th percentile. You are growing so well and we are so proud of you. It is hard for me already to look back at your pictures from weeks one and two and see how much you have changed and grown.

You have been having some reflux issues that keep you awake and in pain throughout the night and day so the doctor prescribed baby Zantac which we started yesterday. I don't know if it was that or the exhaustion from missing your nap and the shot you had to get, but you slept like a champ all afternoon and probably the best you have slept last night... your mommy thanks you so much for this!

Oh my.... your first vaccine (that I have witnessed--you got the first one at the hospital). You were being perfect at the doctor, so patient and not one bit fussy.... they told me to lean over and talk to you while they gave the shot. It broke my heart to see your bright eyes fill with fear and your lower lip start to quiver as you started to cry when they gave you the shot. You gave your high pitched cry that I always say sounds like a little piglet...the one that lets me know you are afraid or something is wrong. Luckily it was over quick and I got to nurse you before we left. Your daddy and I are such pushovers... whenever you made a peep yesterday, we were there, fawning over you. I have no idea how I am going to handle your two month shots... you have to get so many and we are actually considering delaying some of them.



Your favorite things: still being held and cuddled as much as possible, bath time (you love the warm water being poured over you), and music music music.

Your least favorite things: getting out of the bath (I think it is because you are cold), spitting up (it comes out of your mouth and nose so much and you have had difficulty breathing and we've had to turn you upside down and hit your back and use the bulb to suction you out).

You are curious about: the stroller.... you initially hated it, but we went on a long walk last night and you enjoyed it. I loved talking to you about the sunset, the cooler weather, and everything that we saw. Also, patterns and any toys with fun patterns on them.

Milestones: You are so so close to smiling. You do it in your sleep sometimes, but never awake. You have incredible neck strength already and sometimes you sit up in my lap after I burp you--I think you think you are 7 months old.



Right now I can see you on the monitor and even though I am savoring this moment of still and quiet, there is still another part of me that wants to go pick you up out of your quiet, calm, innocent sleep and hold you close.

We love you, angel. You are worth everything. You are the solid center of our world. <3





love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment