Monday, October 22, 2012

2 Months

My dearest little bird,


Happy 2 months (a week late)!!! Two months, two months. You have grown and changed and... matured so much from one month to two. You up and decided around week seven to suddenly start putting yourself down for naps. No more 30 second to 5 minute cat naps for you, sister.... you went all the way into at least a two to four hour nap a day, followed by a little eating, just to go back down for about another hour. The times this happens each day has been a little different day to day, but for the most part we are getting into a rhythm, for which I am so thankful. Your momma was about to pull her hair out with your lack of sleep and fussy ways.

You are so much happier with your sleep---until we put you down or your paci falls out (which happens about every 30 seconds). This still sends you from zero to freak out in about two minutes or less generally. Well. We are working on it. You figured out naps, so I'm sure you will figure this out, too.... You are teaching me more than I am teaching you for sure. 

The last time you wore these pjs... You are officially too big!

We were supposed to get your two month shots today, but as I got up and started getting ready, they had to reschedule for the end of the week. Despite my annoyance at the change of plans, I was secretly relieved--I have been dreading you getting this shots so much! Everyone says they will be harder on me than on you--I am sure they are right. So, because we didn't go to the doctor, your weight and length updates will have to wait.

I am going to start work next week and even though it is something I have worked for, the thought of leaving you is so hard for mommy. It has made me hold on to you a little bit longer and a little tighter each day. I went to meet the principal of my new school and wander the school for awhile this week, and when I came back you were having a royal fit that carried on throughout the rest of the day until you went to bed that night. It makes me that much more nervous to leave you! I cannot wait until we are all on some kind of schedule. Daddy and Gramma are going to be watching you while I work, at least until Christmas--we all agree you are just too little to head to childcare just yet. Even though I know you will be in good hands, this does not stop the lump from forming in my throat or my eyes from watering as I lay you down in your crib for bed, knowing my 24/7 momma time is running out like sand in an hour glass. Time with you is so precious. I soak up every second and am so honored to be your mom. 



New Things: You have started smiling between one month and two and it was so beautiful the first time I saw it, tears gathered in my eyes--Your whole face transforms into this sunburst that lights up the room. You have the most adorable dimples that I hope stay with you forever! 

You have also started playing on your play mat in the floor almost every day. You love to look at the little animals hanging from it, but surprisingly are not interested in the mirror at all. This is about the only place I can leave you "alone" without you crying that you are not being held. 

We went to your first "restaurant" this past week--- Lox, Stock, and Bagel. You cried and fussed until I held you. It was very hard to eat a messy sandwich with you in my arms. Tonight we went to Olive Garden with Gramma and you were *wonderful* and slept in your car sleep most of the time.

For the last 3 nights, you have slept between 8 and 12 hours without waking up for a feeding. This is incredible, but the first two nights your daddy and I lay awake worried about you, but determined to see if you could do it. You continue to shock us with this one!

Your favorite things: Lately, your afternoon naps. Keep it up! 
-Still, any kind of music. Your favorites lately? K-Love Christian station on the radio..... and Blink 182--the louder the better. It somehow sends you right into a dozing state in the car. 
-You love your play mat and start to kick your feet when I lay you down on the brightly colored animal prints that make up the mat. 
-You have loved being outside for any reason since we brought you home from the hospital and that has not changed. It can stop your cries in their tracks. It makes me wonder what you will do as you get older.... maybe something that involves nature or the environment? 
-You love when daddy holds you with your feet in the air and your head/chest on his shoulder.... your body parallel to the ground. We think maybe it feels good on your tummy. 

Your least favorite things: remain the same: being put down, paci falling out of your mouth, or cold.



I can't wait to see how much you grow and change from now until three months. But take your time, sweet girl. Don't rush this time too much, we are enjoying it and would be perfectly happy with it taking a little longer. We continue to be wrapped around your finger. You light up our lives day to day and we love you so much!

1 comment:

  1. So precious! Thanks for letting me have some Lierre time this weekend! It was so great to see you! I hope we get together again soon!

    ReplyDelete