Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Doctor Update

Woops... I just realized I never updated after Lierre's 2 month doctor appointment.

Weight: 10 pounds 5.5 ounces.... 15-20th percentile (down from the 50th percentile). I asked the doctor if this was a concern. She said she was not worried, but they'd compare next time, just to make sure she is gaining the appropriate amount of weight.

Length: 23 inches (up from 22 inches... a whole inch in a month...eeek). This is the 50th percentile, although it feels like she is about a foot longer.

Shots: Lierre actually seemed to cry less (or at least in a less sad way) than her one month shots. She just held her breath for awhile, turned bright red, then let out a scream. As soon as she was picked up and/or nursing, she was fine.  She did get a little fever later in the evening, but after a dose of Tylenol, she was fine. Phew. What a weight off my mind that she did well.

Lierre loving on her Wubbanub


A blurry half-smile I caught the other day


In other news: 
I go back to work in two, count 'em two, days. I've pretty much just cried on and off for a few days. At times, it seems completely doable and I am so thankful for this opportunity and excited. Then, five minutes, or two hours, or 3 hours later, it seems completely impossible---both emotionally and situationally. HOW am I going to plan lessons for 7 completely different students at different ages and developmental levels? HOW can do I do these lessons at home when I have a needy little one who constantly needs to be held? HOW will I handle seeing Lierre only twoish to fourish hours a day before she goes to sleep? HOW will I handle missing so much of her development day to day? HOW will I be able to teach at my best when there are times I am up on and off from 3:00 or 4:00 a.m. onward? HOW will I be able to make myself walk out the door when my sweet angel is still in bed and won't see me again until dinner? HOW is this formula all day while mommas at work then nursing at night going to work out?

. . . . . . I seriously have so many "How??" questions tumbling around in my head and my heart that I do not have the answers to. I do know the "Why?" though.... it is so that we can give Lierre all that she needs. So that she will have opportunities now (zoo trips, new clothes, formula, days out) and in the future (college).

I will have to do my best to keep that in mind. Remind me of that, ok readers? And please, please pray for me, and for our family as we transition into this new chapter of life.

Our morning snuggle today...How I will miss this!

No comments:

Post a Comment