Sunday, November 11, 2012

Satisfying Saturday

I have had many people ask me how work went this week... my first full week back to work. Well... I will get to that later. For now it is time for pictures of a wonderful, simple Saturday.

After keeping me up on and off all night, Lierre refused to wake up Saturday morning

First time in the Bumbo!!

"What is this thing, mom?"

"Iiiiiiii don't know about this!"

"Ehhhh....."

"Get me out of this thing!"

"Get me out NOW!"

"Hehehe.... I got mom so good. I'm just fine!"

On a warm Saturday walk in the stroller


Be still my heart.


And then Tim and I got to go on our first date since Lierre was born. We tried a movie one time, but we were rushed the whole time, the movie ended up being depressing, and overall it wasn't that great. So! Last night Aunt Ashley and Uncle Evan came to watch Lierre so we could go out. We went to MJ's Steak and Seafood. It was so calm and peaceful and deeeelicious. For those of you who don't know, it is set up in what looks like an old house. I think it may have been at some point. We sat upstairs (think old house with wooden floors), on a little table meant for two with a white table cloth (big deal, you guys) and ate steak and mashed potatoes and salad and risotto and bread and got completely stuffed... and then we were exhausted (Thank you, little lady, for your disjointed sleep the night before). In fact, when the waitress came to give us our check, I was leaning with my head against the wall and Tim had his head resting on his hands. We are such old people. 

We then went to Menchie's for some frozen yogurt. Tim and the owners get along pretty well and they appreciate Tim's help watching the area while he works, so the owner took us "backstage" and showed us where they store all the ingredients, how everything they use they try to use "green" materials that are safe or biodegrade, and all the fancy ways they keep their yogurt fresh and ready. It was seriously super clean and more organized than most classrooms (of semi-organized teachers). Pretty cool stuff.

I wish I had gotten a picture of us, but we were just so excited to GO that we didn't even think.

And then I was about to get into bed after our date and found this......


I am married to a five year old. Tim's idea of a funny joke. I have to admit, it did get me a little!! =]

Overall, yesterday was a wonderful Saturday! Now I'm going to enjoy my Sunday AND Monday (yay long weekend) with my loves.


No comments:

Post a Comment