Sunday, December 16, 2012

4 Months

Lierre, Precious Lamb, Tiny Bird,

You are four months old today.... and you are the absolute light of our lives. Every day that we have with you is such a blessing and we have so much to be thankful for. We had some hard events happen this week in our nation that involved some innocent children losing their lives. Every single second since, your daddy and I have held you closer and breathed in your sweet baby scent and thanked God that you are safe and healthy.

You are such a rock star this month. You have become much more vocal at times (squealing and laughing), but also have longer stretches of time where you are intently looking around the room and absorbing everything around you. When daddy or I walk in or out of a room, your sweet brown eyes follow us wherever we go.

Your naps are still very inconsistent. Some days you will get in a four hour nap. Some days you will have one twenty minute nap and that is it. I love you, dear.... but you do NOT do well without sleep. It is pretty exhausting on the days where you want to be held or lugged around from one room to the next and nothing pleases you. But, I count my blessings on those days, too.... that I get to hold you, see your smiling face when it finally peaks out from behind your grumpy clouds. At least, for the most part, you are still sleeping 12ish hours through the night. This past week has been a little more inconsistent, but we can't figure out why--- are you hungry and going through a growth spurt? Do you have a little cough/cold since we hear you sneeze sometimes at night? Are you starting to teeth? We don't know for sure, but I hope we can figure out your little mysteries. No one ever told me that part of the job description of being a mommy was being a detective. Always searching, searching, searching for new things for you, the best this or that, and trying to figure out what makes you tick.



We went to see Santa on Friday. Your daddy and I both had Friday night off which rarely happens. We bundled you up in your most precious little red dress and red and white stockings and put a little red ribbon with green polka dots on it and we hit the road to see Ol' Saint Nick. The line was a little ridiculous, but you held it together and everyone loved looking at you in the line. You were the smallest one there. There was a little boy behind us who was 8 months old.... I can't believe in just four more short months you will be as big as he was! When we reached Santa, you didn't even bat an eye when we handed you off to the man in red. You didn't act scared or upset.... in fact you seemed a little bored by the whole thing. You looked at the lady shaking jingle bells at you and sighed a little bit. Oh, the things your mom and dad make you do.

After seeing Santa!

You have gotten the hang of rolling from your tummy to your back pretty well (when you really want it), but mostly you love just pushing up on your hands in a mini push-up. I hold my breath every time I put you down for a nap and hope you don't start army style pushing up because that normally means a nap is not going to happen, at least not for awhile.

You are still working on rolling from your back to your stomach, though. You grunt and twist and make duck lips every time you try. You have gotten it once, maybe twice, but I bet you will really have it down in the next few weeks.

Duck Lips

You are fixated on our dog Jack lately. He walks in the room and you turn your head to follow him. I "yell" at him to leave you alone and you smile. He licks your face, I cringe and try to shove him away, and you laugh. You guys are a match made in heaven. He loves you so much and follows you to whatever room you are in. He sleeps outside of your bedroom door. 

You bundled in your new carrier on a walk with Jack.
You laughed the entire time. And then spit up all over.


You are a big girl (at least in your mind) and have been trying to hold your bottle while you drink lately. I am thrilled when you do, and then am hit with a wave of nostalgia. What a bittersweet thing.





We switched your medicine from Zantac to Prevacid this week. That Zantac just wasn't doing anything. You seem to be a little happier during the day and we are crossing our fingers that this may be the change that you needed. You go back to the doctor the week after Christmas for your four month check up the week after Christmas, so I will have to add your weight then. You have to get more shots--pretty sure I will be worthless that day and the day after at work because I will just be thinking about you.


I am absolutely drooling over the fact that I will have Christmas break starting at the end of this week. This means I will have about 12 days off with you. Every. Day. Ahhh!!! My dream come true.

I will end this month's post with this thought.... Tim/Daddy asked me in line for Santa what I would ask him for if he asked what I wanted for Christmas. My response? "Nothing. I have everything I want right here." While I said it without thinking, it was completely true. I have you, I have Tim, we have our sweet family and our pets and our home. Seriously, what more could I want? I love you all so much. I day dream about you guys all day. My happiest times are when we are all together.

I love you, Lierre. Let's keep doing life and having so much fun growing together.

Love,
Mommy


1 comment:

  1. http://blissfullydomestic.com/life-bliss/geek-life-bliss/how-to-make-a-blog-header-for-free/66333/

    It looks like you figured it out, but I followed the instructions in the link above and used 1024 pixels for the size

    ReplyDelete