Saturday, June 16, 2012

31 vs. 9

So, I have a really sweet husband. His little blog post made me get a little teary eyed. There are tons of qualities I hope Lierre gets from Tim, but if I started, I might be here all day. One little correction though, we have nothing lavender in her room. We are going with a kind of Fuscia pink and lime green. Hopefully the nursery will be finished in the next week or two (at least as much as can be done before we finish getting everything) and we will post some pictures.

Today I am officially 31 weeks. I can't decide which is more exciting/scary/exhilarating----that I'm 31 weeks along or the fact that that means there is only 9 weeks left of this pregnancy (yeah, yeah, give or take). EEEEEEEEEEKKK! I am getting more excited by the day.

Some stats!

How far along: 31 weeks

Sleep: Not so good. I had a few days last week or so where I was sleeping pretty good and I loved it! However, this week it has not been good at all. I can feel how tired I am in one part of my brain, and in the other part of my drain, it's like I just got a big shot of adrenaline.... but not so much that I am productive. Just enough that my brain keeps going and how my hips/stomach/back hurt and how loud our bed is whenever one of us turns over or gets up to go to the bathroom. Anyways, I am currently debating whether the short nap I took today & yesterday were good ideas (the whole, sleep when you can thing), or bad ideas (even more awake at night).

Cravings: Nothing that is really good for me. :( However, fruit is still delicious. And since it is so hot these days here in NC, anything cold.

Symptoms I have: Same old, same old. Lower back pain (thankfully this comes and goes, but when it comes, eeek). I've had a few headaches the past few days (reminiscent of first trimester, but I can't decide if it is from lack of sleep or what). Pelvic pain, especially after laying down for a long time. And anytime I wear an underwire bra for more than a few hours, my ribs feel like they should be bleeding.

Next Doctor's Appointment: Tuesday

Belly Button: Ok, it seriously is not an outtie.... but how my stomach is pulled down by the weight of baby and how bit my tummy is getting, the top part of my belly button makes it LOOK like I have an outtie when I am wearing tight shirts.

What I Love: I love daydreaming about what Lierre is going to look like. I love knowing that I will have Tim to parent with. I love picturing us growing as a family and how much joy she is going to bring.

BABY GIRL STATS: Lierre is weighing a little over 16 inches and weighs about 3.3 pounds and is supposedly heading into a "growth spurt" (oh my, where is she going to go?!). She can turn her head from side to side and is starting to get baby fat on her. She is moving like crazy some days.... sometimes it is so sweet, it is awe inspiring, and sometimes it just huuuurts.

Thank you for your support in the coming weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment