Thursday, June 7, 2012

So in Love

I have been meaning to write for a few days, but haven't really figured out what I want to talk about. I still kind of don't, but I guess I will figure it out while I write.

I went to the doctor yesterday for my Rhogam shot. I really, really hate shots. So much so that (at least as of right now) I don't want to get an epidural during labor. Haha. Also, I really hate having to get shots in my hip/butt area.... nothing makes you feel more vulnerable and less attractive than exposing uhm...that area while someone holds a needle behind you. At least the nurse did a great job and I didn't feel any soreness afterwards.

For any of you that are in the nursing/doctor field, I may be speaking in generalities here, but I don't mean every doctor/nurse, so don't take it personally.  I know that doctors and nurses are busy. I know they are overworked and many of you truly care and do a great job (thank you if you are one of these!). However... for someone like me who gets pretty anxious going to the doctor for any reason, having a little bit of personality can make a world of difference. For example... an introduction of who you are, or your role at the office/hospital would be great. You want to ask me extremely personal questions about really embarrassing things when I don't even know your name or even what your "rank" is? Really?? Or, ok, so you guys are busy and have a million things to do and a million things on your mind.  But.... you want me to feel comfortable enough to confide any of my aches/pains/fears with you when you. have. not. even. made. eye. contact. with. me? Seriously?! I mean, even if I don't have anything serious going on---sitting there on the white crinkly paper, growing increasingly more uncomfortable while shifting back and forth trying to find some position that doesn't kill your back, or your stomach, or your legs.... sitting there surrounded by jars of sterile swabs and and needles, with the dry doctor's office air swirls around you making your mouth dry.... sitting there, a million things can enter your mind. A million fears, a million questions, even some excitement that you'd just like to share with someone. When you enter into the room and flop a file down, no reassuring smiles or solid introductions.... that window of opportunity for those fears and excitements to be expressed gets slammed shut. Yes, I appreciate your knowledge to the questions that I do manage to ask. That's pretty reassuring. However, do you realize that you could be delivering the single most precious things in the world--my daughter? I know that it's more the nurses than the doctors who will be with me for the ride, but doctors... don't know you know how many walls I put up and how reluctant I am to trust you when there is no connection whatsoever between us? I know it is hard because I have to rotate to see all of the doctors at this practice and they don't know me from Eve, but... sigh. (Side note: this all sounds very harsh, and while the general sentiment is truthful, I'm not mad, just resigned and a little disappointed).

In other news. . . Lierre is doing well! My tummy is measuring right on schedule and her heart rate was 150 beats per minute. Woohoo! Way to go baby girl, keep it up...your dad and I are already so proud of you and so very in love with you.

Here's a little dress I got for you today on sale!

Tim and I started our birthing classes this week! Our first class went well.... a lot of the information I felt like I already knew, but it was really nice to hear the information out loud and be around other people who are in the same situation as we are. We have four more classes....I'm pretty excited!

Tim's mom is coming to visit this weekend!! We are very excited to have her visit. This is the perfect time for her to come because she has a little break between her chemo (which she is knocking out of the park, by the way!) visits. Can't wait!

My doctor visit this week officially started the "go to the doctor every 2 weeks" stage of pregnancy! I'm glad I will get to hear her heart that often. Goodness.... can't wait to meet this little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment