Thursday, June 14, 2012

From Tim Bloch

Well, I have not written on here in a long time (this is Tim writing).  It has been a crazy and exciting couple of months.  I have been busy with work, family, and other ventures.  I have also spent countless hours staring at Anna, placing my hand on her stomach, and shopping for Lierre.

We have been working on the nursery and preparing it for the beautiful gift coming "around" August 18th.  I just hope our little girl doesn't have a fear of butterflies.  We didn't go with pink because...well....I don't really know why.  We went with kind of a lavender combined with green.  I think in the back of our minds we still think we are having a boy.  With these colors, we are safe either way.  With that said, I'm so excited we are going to have a daughter.  I hope she gets Anna's big brown eyes, brains, health, loyalty, sincerity.....i guess everything.

Most of my friends are probably aware that my mom was recently diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer.    My biggest fear was that my mom would not be able to meet Lierre.  My mom just went home yesterday after a nice visit to the Bloch resort in Greensboro.  It was great for her to see the nursery, participate in our excitement, and see Anna's beautiful belly.  My mom even got to take part in one of our birthing classes which she absolutely loved.  She is doing very well and already said she is getting on a plan from NY as soon as she hears the word "labor."

At first we were so nervous and stressed about which diapers to use or which car seat / stroller we should get.  We spent many hours driving to different stores trying to find the perfect item for every detail of Lierre's time as an infant.  We recently realized that no matter the stroller or crib, as long as it's safe, Lierre will use it without judgement.  I guess that's the great thing about a baby, they don't care how much it costs or if it's the best one out there.  For those of you who know Anna, she could care less of price or who it's made by.  I can only hope Lierre grows to have the same qualities as her mother.

Well I know this is short but have a busy night ahead.  Thank you everyone who has shown their support and offered advice the past seven months or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment