Saturday, March 31, 2012

Happy Halfway Mark!

I am 20 weeks today! HALF WAY through my pregnancy. How is that even possible? I am constantly surprised by how "easy" being pregnant is (easy in the fact I just keep living life and time keeps marching on and every day we are a little closer to our little one).

Here are a few pictures from our 20 week mark today. I am definitely getting b-i-g, but the shirt in these pictures doesn't help anything.

Love this man more than anything. 






I tried to pull the shirt back a little...

How Far Along: 20 weeks!

Baby's Size: 10.5 ounces (although this is from Babycenter.com .... when we went to the doctor they said she was already weighing in at 10 ounces, so probably bigger by now) and 10 inches from head to heel (about the length of a banana). 

Food Cravings: Anything sweet........ I have always been so glad that I don't really like sweets. Most of the time after dinner(s) I would pass up the opportunity for desserts. When everyone else wants to get ice cream or cake, I've always wanted more like "meals"--snacking has never been my thing. However, the past 2 weeks or so, I feel like I could eat every sweet thing in the house and then go out and eat out an entire ice cream shop. 

Movement: I still can't feel this little one. . . However, I think that the ultrasound tech said I have an anterior placenta (can't be sure...I tried to ask her about this and she was so rude and rushed that she only responded with "Everyone has a placenta. It's just where it's located." No joke lady.... I know everyone has one. BAH. Anyways, if that is the case, this could be why I haven't felt her move yet (for those of you who don't know, it just meeds the placenta is in the front, not the back.... meaning there is  a layer between her and the front of my stomach). I'm hoping I feel her soon.

Sleep: Ehhh. Some nights are decent, some nights are bad, few are really great. I feel like I am sleeping lighter and wake up to everything, have to go to the bathroom, having to think about if I need to go to the bathroom or can I just hold it, what did I forget to do that day, what I need to remember for tomorrow....

Other: My blood pressure is ridiculously out of wack. High and low. Mostly low with brief periods of pretty high. I've taken to checking it a few times a day with my mom's blood pressure machine and writing it down. I can also hear almost every heart beat in my ears, which is especially bad when my pulse shoots up. The nurse said this could be a symptom of high/low blood pressure, or it could just be that I am getting a cold/bad allergies and my ears are clogged which is why I can hear everything. I'm hoping it's just allergies, but I've been feeling off the past two days.

Ok, that's it for now. Check back soon. =]

1 comment:

  1. YOU are the CUTEST lady ever, she is going to be so precious and you need to take more pictures of baby bump. <3

    ReplyDelete