Wednesday, March 21, 2012

While we wait...

Ok, ok.... my phone has been flooded with texts asking what we are having. This is the hardest secret to keep!!! Honestly, I am giving myself until mid-morning tomorrow before I slip up and tell someone.

While everyone is waiting, I can tell you everything BUT the sex (you'll have to wait until my family knows on Friday!). Baby is most importantly, healthy. Everything from the little brain to the little feet were examined, measured, and photographed. I may have gone a little overboard before the ultrasound. See, I had heard that if you drink a lot, it makes it more clear. I had also heard if you had a little caffeine before it might make your baby move a little bit. Well, I had a glass of orange juice and two camelback water bottles of water before lunch (in addition to drinking tons days leading up to this).... then at lunch I ate mexican with salsa (spicy!) and had my first and only coke since becoming pregnant (I had hoped it wouldn't be delicious, but it was). Because of all of this, baby was doing flips and twirls and punches like it was nobody's business.  It made it very hard for the ultrasound tech to get a clear picture of just about anything and ended up taking about 40-45 minutes.

(This is NOT our baby, but it's definitely moving around like ours was....)




That is a looooong ultrasound. The only thing that they didn't get a clear shot of was the baby's aorta (too much flipping around), so we go back in mid April to have them try again.

Baby's sweet little heart was beating at 149 a minute. For those of you who don't know, their hearts typically range from 140-150s at this stage--so baby is right on track!

I couldn't really absorb what they were telling us about the sex--I mean I understood the words and y'know, being proficient with the English language understood the concept of what they said.... but it's only now about four hours later that it is starting to sink in at all that we are having a......

Guess you will just have to wait until Friday!!

Thanks SO much for your prayers and sweet, encouraging texts and phone calls the past few days. They mean the world to us.

1 comment:

  1. You better post Friday night as soon as your family knows!!!!! I can't wait any longer than that!!! :)

    ReplyDelete