Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pink or Blue?

Tomorrow is the big day!! Tim and I will head to our doctor's appointment at 3:15 to find out if we are having a sweet little boy or girl. I cannot even believe it!!

Yesterday I had a cleaning frenzy in anticipation of tomorrow and our party on Friday. It was out of nowhere and I cleaned with a focus I rarely have for about three hours. Of course, it was the kind of cleaning that no one else will ever notice...sorting clothes to give to goodwill, laundry, that kind of thing. I was so proud! ... And today I am so, so tired. I think it's a combination of not sleeping well the past few nights and having a little bit of adrenaline in anticipation for the "big day."

I am sitting here listening/watching the big storm that just came upon our house about an hour ago. Every time I think it has reached its peak, it gets a little harder. Tim is at work in this crazy mess of a storm, so of course I'm trying not to worry over that. Instead I am distracting myself with the realization that tomorrow at this time (if all goes well), I will be daydreaming over the knowledge that I have a daughter or a son growing inside of me. It hasn't quite sunk in yet.

Tomorrow at this time. . . .

Will I be picturing hair bows or baseball hats? Will I be imagining a little baby girl who will grow into a lady and will need "protecting" from all the bad boys out there, or will I be imagining a boy who will need to be raised as a gentleman?

Tomorrow at this time . . . .

Will I be looking up girly bedding and bedroom wall appliques or something more masculine? Will Tim and I be bantering over having a boy to "carry on the name" Bloch, or will he be teasing me about a girl who will take after me?

Tomorrow at this time . . . .

Will I be picturing buying a Dora backpack one day or a Diego backpack? Will we be searching for figure skates or hockey skates (Tim at least)? Will my nephews and niece have a little boy cousin to play with, or a little girl?

All I know is that no matter what it is. . . .

It will be loved beyond all that I can even understand, even now when I think I love "it" so much. He or she will be raised with a loving, loud, busy extended family. He or she will definitely have to read Harry Potter one day. They will be taught that love is something to be cherished and to never settle for less than once in a lifetime. They will be read to, often. They will be exposed to as much art and new experiences as we can manage. They will be taught that they have a loving God who created them and also died so that they may live more abundantly. This little baby will learn to sleep with noise. Baby Bloch will learn that neither of us sings exceptionally well, but maybe a little bit of our rhythm will pass down.  They will learn that "Daddy" tells really cheesy jokes and that "Mommy" always laughs at them anyways. They will learn to look out for the "little guy" and stick up for those who need it. . .

I cannot wait to see your sweet face tomorrow, baby. I have missed it the last few weeks since our last appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment