Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Zero to Sixty

Hello readers!

I feel like our posts have been lacking lately, but that's because both of us have been super busy. What has  been going on? Well..... I am VERY proud to say that Tim became an official PTO (Police Training Officer) last week on Friday.  It was a busy, draining week for him as he finished his class, but he finished strong and even gave his class speech (which got quite a few laughs). It has been so rewarding to see Tim grow in his professional development over the last few years---seeing his confidence grow and his people skills stay strong. As I watched his new "rank patch" be handed to him (to wear on his uniform), I felt even more nostalgic and proud as I remembered him being a trainee when we first started dating. So much has changed and yet his enthusiasm for the job remains amazingly the same. Way to go, Tim! You do such a great job providing for me and our ever-growing family.

Also, Tim's mom was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and had surgery this week to see just what stage and whatnot they are dealing with. Prayers for her are greatly appreciated as we await results.

In other news, I reached week 16 of the pregnancy on Saturday. And since Saturday I feel like I have grown about a month's worth.  Don't believe me? Just take a glance at these pics!

I hate that this is crooked, but I don't know how to fix it?


BUMP


How about that? There is definitely a bump there. My students at school this week regularly told me that I was getting big and some proceeded to touch my stomach and then go on and on about how hard my stomach was. Sometimes that part is even a surprise to me--you just get used to the fact in life that if you are getting "bigger" you are normally getting "softer,"not the other way around!

Sleep: It's been going pretty well, except I am seriously considering getting a big body pillow soon. I just feel like my center of gravity is off and when I am on my side I feel like I am rolling to one side or the other.  Also I have been having extremely vivid dreams--most of them not good. Tim gets to deal with me waking up at night or in the morning with wide eyes and a troubled expression as I recount every detail of the dream to him. He is amazed that I remember so many details and I am amazed that the dreams weren't real. 

Food Cravings: Not one thing in particular, but I feel so much hungrier than I have any other week of this pregnancy. It's like now that my nausea is gone, my body is making up for a few months of eating. It is really hard to slow myself down sometimes! Right now what do I want? One of those red, white, and blue popsicles they have in ice cream trucks and at swimming pool snack bars. Go figure. 

Movement: None yet, but I am eagerly awaiting feeling those first flutters. There have been times where I have wondered about the movement, but until I know for sure, I'm saying no. 

What I am looking forward to: Finding out what we are having! It is coming up pretty soon... but with all my crazy dreams, I can't wait to just see baby again and make sure that everything is going well and is right on track. 

Annoying habits?: I have been extremely needy the past two weeks---sorry Tim. Poor guy has heard his name said in the most pitiful, sweet (read: repetitive, incessant, whiny) tones at least 50 times a day. Half the time I don't even know why I am saying his name, I guess I just want reassurance or something. Lucky for me he tends to have the patience of a saint (at least with me) and can generally hold in his sigh before answering "Yes, Anna? What do you need?" Hopefully this part will pass soon haha, but I doubt it. 

That's all for now--come back soon to see the Amazing Growing Woman and to check out the gender soon. 


1 comment:

  1. Get that body pillow!!! I wished I had had one when I was pregnant with Riley and then never really got around to it with Allyn and I still wish I'd gotten one! :)

    And, more importantly, you look fabulous, my dear! :)

    ReplyDelete