Friday, July 27, 2012

Ouch

Just a quick update:

We went to the doctor earlier this week and everything looks good. Her heart rate was strong and my stomach is measuring on track. He did my first cervical check, but everything is unchanged. No dilation or anything. I'm not really surprised at all, but I did have a momentary "Oh maaaaan" moment---not because I want her to rush or anything, just because it would give reason for all my aches and pains (plus I'm just really excited to meet her).

We are going to the doctor again on Monday for another ultrasound to check on her growth. . . I'm hoping maybe she slowed down a little so that all their talk of "inductions" will go out the window.

Today I have been in crazy amounts of pain, at least where my lower back is concerned. Everyone at my temporary work commented on my walk waddle. Every time I shift the weight on or off my left leg, pain shoots through my lower back and into my leg. Not much to do about this except have a baby! And half the rooms at work today were not air conditioned..... that combined with sitting in a hard chair for about 7 hours caused my hands and feet to swell like crazy. So much so that my flip flops started to hurt. And it felt like my skin was being stretched to the breaking point---think when people used to give you "Indian sunburns".... like it was severely dry and kind of burn-y.

Tim and I just went to a nice dinner and now I plan to spend the rest of the night with my feet propped up and a heating pad on my back.

Tomorrow I will be 37 weeks. Full-term baby!!!!! Ahhh! Thank you, Lord. All that fear of pre-term birth will go out the window....hoooray!!!
Keep checking back... you never know when she might come!

No comments:

Post a Comment