Monday, July 23, 2012

Reasons and Things

Just a few errant thoughts that keep popping all around my head today. . . 


What I am looking forward to:
-Taking a big, deep breath when we finally realize it is time to go to the hospital
-Feeling so strong and accomplished after delivery is finished. What an
incredible feeling that must be!
-Staring at my daughter's face, about as close as I can get before everything gets too-close blurry
-Seeing Tim hold Lierre for the first time. And the second time. And all the times after that.
-Seeing Tim drive extremely carefully on the way home and fussing over Lierre as we bring her inside
-Smelling that sweet baby smell on the top of Lierre's head
-Loving Tim in a whole new way
-Having special late-night bonding time with Lierre. And 
reading to her, too.
-Holidays with our little family
-Life

What I am nervous about and/or not looking forward to:
-Uhm. Labor.
-Labor again, but worried that I will have to be induced at any point.
-Labor in the sense that I am worried I will be
 so overwhelmed by the pain that I will just become
bewildered and shut down.
-Tearing. 'Nuff said.
-Being overwhelmed by all the attention and people to follow
at the hospital and at home. I am very excited about it, 
but I hear that you can be very emotional for awhile after giving birth
and I worry I won't be able to just relax while others hold Lierre.
-Opening the door to our home and realizing she is ours forever to take care of.
**Please realize this is nerves, not the "not looking forward to" category. 
I am very excited, but holy cow this is a big deal haha.**
-How our dog will react to not being the baby anymore. And how to balance 
walking a dog and taking care of an infant in a non-exhausting way.
-Breastfeeding. Many aspects of this, but I'm sure you can 
imagine what might worry me or freak me out or whatever.
-Wipes. In general they make me want to barf.
The smell, the coldness.... everything.
My whole life I have felt this way.
Seriously considering alternatives...
-Not sleeping.

What I will miss about being pregnant:
-Knowing that Lierre is safe all the time (as safe as pregnancy can be).
-Hopping in the car and going.
-Not needing a babysitter.
-Feeling her move and having Lierre "all to myself."
-Endless daydreaming about her & reading about pregnancy online

Reasons why I am ready to not be pregnant anymore:
-Getting up without grunting, hurting, or needing help.
-Sleeping on my stomach.
-Walking our dog, Jack, at a reasonable pace.
-Bending over easily. Picking up stuff is a pain. People look at me lately
with pity in their eyes. Oh and bending over to shave my legs.
That has gotten quite tricky.
-COLD DELI SANDWICHES
WITH A COKE.
-TO HOLD LIERRE AND BE HER MOMMY.
-Having some semblance of a body-shape again.
-Cold deli sandwiches (yes, this needed to be written twice).

No comments:

Post a Comment