Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Another Year

Last year at this time I was preparing for our wedding. This year I am preparing for a daughter. And my brother's wedding. What a big year! Tomorrow is my 24th birthday.... if my 24th year is anywhere as great as my 23rd was, I will be blessed beyond belief!! Happy birthday, America! Happy birthday, me! Haha.

We went to the doctor this morning and Lierre's heart rate was good. I am currently fighting off a sinus infection (which I think is brought on by a cold picked up at helping at VBS last week), so I got some antibiotics for that. The doctor wants us to have an ultrasound next week to check in little one's growth, since she was measuring so large last time when we had our little scare. I will keep you all posted on that one!

I am 33 weeks, as of this past Saturday. Not a whole lot of exciting news growth to announce, other than she is just packing on more weight and losing the "alien" look each day. In my own life, it seems maybe nesting has kicked in, along with some third trimester fatigue (although the 100+ weather this week has not helped, I think we are all tired). Want some proof of the nesting? Here are some pictures of our bedroom closet..... I had to call in recruits (mom) to help me work on it, but I needed that closet cleaned and organized without any more time passing. I told my mom I could feel my blood pressure slowly start to rise when I would look at it. Thank goodness Tim was at work and didn't see the whole process haha.

BEFORE





AFTER


It looks neater in person, promise.



Not too bad, I think. It really does look more organized in person, but it is hard to squeeze into a closet and take decent picture with a phone. I feel much more relaxed when I walk into our bedroom now. Thanks for your help, mom!!

In other news (kinda), I finally found my cameras and their respective chargers while working on the closet!! Here are some pictures from Lierre's room. Everything is pretty much done except we need to add her curtains/valance and a really pretty, hand painted light switch plate with Lierre's name on it that Tim ordered. 

Taking these were tricky, too.... when I opened the blinds the room was so bright the pictures looked washed out.... when I closed them the room looks kind of dull in the pictures! Anyways, enjoy!
When you open the door

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to turn this pic. Help??


Across from the crib... they have some sparkle to it.


The white part going across the bar is actually the valance

Taken from the opposite corner


We are going to spend the next few days and weeks enjoying my birthday, my brother's wedding and all the festivities that go with it, our anniversary (yay), a baby shower, and before you know it a baby in August! Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment