Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Daydreams to reality



I have spent the last six months or more drooling over baby blogs in my spare time... swearing to myself that there was no way Tim & I would start "trying" to have a baby for at least a year or so.... well, low and behold here we are 9 weeks & 4 days pregnant! The day we found out we were pregnant was a roller-coaster of a day (but you will have to wait for that story until later), but we have since launched into full-fledged pregnancy and all that comes with it.

As far as we know right now, baby, or "creature" as we have been calling it (this seems a much more fitting title at the moment since it looks nothing like a baby and yet has been sucking away all of my nutrients and food and making me into a scary monster at times) is doing well and is right on track. Prayers for baby/creature are greatly appreciated--of course like every other parent on the planet, we only want what is best for him/her.

Some quick stats to get you going while you wait for the enthralling "How did you find out you were pregnant?" story:

Baby's Size: About the size of a grape or medium-sized Olive....but as my brother, Clayton put it "We will say grape since no one likes olives."

Approximate Due Date: August 18, 2012....niiiiice and hot.

Sleep: I feel like a zombie during the day, although it is improving with time, but sometimes have trouble sleeping--apparently this can be a symptom to alert you that you are pregnant, although it is not well-known...also, waking up to go to the bathroom 1-2 times a night can interrupt some delicious REM sleep and makes you have very weird dreams.

Food Cravings: Nothing, really. I really wanted some Cadbury Creme Eggs and Tim found them while at work and brought them home to me--so sweet. Really I have only been able to remotely enjoy: Honey Nut Cheerios, Rice Krispies, really cold Gala apples with peanut butter, and orange juice. The colder everything is, the better.

Food Aversions: Anything with a strong smell... nothing tastes the way it did before I was pregnant. It's like when you have a cold and everything just tastes a little off. Also, I LOVE GARLIC and all Italian food...but ever since I've been pregnant it makes me very sick.... Sad day. Oh, and chicken.



That's all for now.... Come back for more enthralling stories of the Bloch familia!


2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! for the blog and the baby. I agree, grapes not olives:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really fun to keep up with how big the baby is and what is going on inside your tummy. amazing. I am so happy for you guys to share this together- no two better people deserve this happiness more than you guys <3

    ReplyDelete