Saturday, January 28, 2012

Questions For Your Answers

Ever since I told the world that I was going to be a Daddy, I got the same old questions of "Was it planned?" or "Do you want a boy or girl?"  I also got "Is it's first name Building or Road (Think about it)?" and "Hopefully it's human."  So in this post I am going to answer the real and sideways questions I have been asked.

Q) Do you want a boy or girl?
A)  I truly just want our baby to be healthy (I used to hear this cliche answer and cringe, but now i totally understand).

Q) What if it's twins?
A) Anna and I are strong enough to handle such a "blessed" occasion.


Q) Why didn't you wait a little longer to enjoy marriage?
A) Although Anna and I have enjoyed marriage more than life itself, adding a little one would only make our marriage that much happier and complete.

Q) Was all of this planned?
A)



 
- Purchased three months earlier (Please note that there is no back seat)
Although not "planned", we knew it was a very strong possibility--and we are adults, we know where babies come from.

Q) How many kids do you want?
A) That's like asking how many scoops of ice cream do you want in your cone.  Your brain says 3, but then you remember how messy, costly, and immobile you must be to enjoy three.  So why not start with one, and if you want more go back and get some.

Q) Do you want your kids to play sports?
A) Yes, but let the child choose after they have seen all the options.  Those of you who are close to me, know how much ice hockey is a part of my life.  From a player, coach, ref, pro shop owner; The network I have built is crazy.  My closest friends I met playing hockey.  I would love my kid to play hockey, boy or girl, but I know there is a good chance that may not happen.  I do, however, truly believe it's very important to be a part of something such as a sport, church, band, etc.  

Q) What song sums up this time of your life (OK....nobody asked me that, but those of you who know me are aware of my obsession with music)

A) 

Q) Are you scared and/or nervous?
A) Noooooooooooo, this is an everyday thing and I'll just go with the flow.......
YES I'M SCARED AND NERVOUS!!  I always tell Anna there is "good" scared and "bad" scared.  This is a good scared.  Between furniture, money, insurance, college funds, diapers, and everything else that comes with being a parent, it scares me.  What keeps me grounded is the fact that I'm nervous, which is a good thing, if i wasn't, then I would have some issues.

Q) Would you want your child to be a police officer if given the option?
A) Yes, if they do it for the right reasons

Q) Are they going to mow the lawn
A) Yes

Q) Are they going to take out the garbage?
A) Yes


No comments:

Post a Comment