Thursday, January 19, 2012

- From Daddy's point of view(Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, I'm going to be a daddy) -

Naive as I was, when I found out we were going to be parents, I thought "well, we have a couple months before anything starts so we will have time to get used to this."  As soon as I finished the thought, Anna was on the floor in the bathroom, trying to hold in any food she had recently eaten.

While Anna laughed, cried, flapped her arms like a bird, and yelled at me all within five minutes, I knew this "adventure" would be a time to remember.  I also quickly realized that the pregnancy would bring us closer together, and make our already unbreakable love that much stronger.

The past six weeks have been a true test of patience, responsibility, and my ability to cut apples thin enough for Anna, because it seems thin = happy (the word "thin" makes Anna happy, no matter what it is directed towards, ESPECIALLY HER). I guess she knows her body will soon change.  It all hit at once.  The cost of the birth, college fund, life insurance, and all the other joys of being a parent.  Not to sound cliche, but you can't put a cost or price on the first time I got to hear our baby's heartbeat followed by the little guy/girl on the screen.

I can't wait to tell everyone about the moment we found out I was going to be a daddy.


1 comment:

  1. you have got to be the sweetest guy- Anna is so lucky as are you to have her. There is no sweeter and special moment than hearing the baby's heart beat, hearing the baby cry for the first time and actually setting your eyes on the little bundle you two created and falling in love. nothing greater- I promise. Enjoy this time!

    ReplyDelete