Thursday, February 9, 2012

Do it anyway

Hello, hello, hello.

Lately I have been completely overwhelmed and humbled by various people's offers to give us their old baby things.... some very expensive things that would definitely have been tough for Tim and me to swing, at least all in a short amount of time. Isn't it fantastic that God hears our prayers and answers our needs, even the ones we forget to ask for?




"Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? And why worry about your clothing? Look at the Lilies of the field and how they grow. They don't work or make their clothing....and if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and then thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?" Matthew 6:27-30


In other news, I have been experiencing some weird pains today. Some have made me worry.... but really I think my ligaments are vamping up for another growth spurt. I feel achey in my hips and a sore, stretching feeling across my stomach and a stiffness in my back. Think like..... if you do way too many crunches in one day and you feel so sore it hurts.... a day or two after that when it doesn't quite hurt, but still makes you hold your breath when you sit up or stretch. My stomach feels kind of like that. This baby growing thing is weird.

Tomorrow is Friday and I hope we all get to let loose and have some fun.... before we get there, though, I'll leave you with this quote that I read tonight from Mother Theresa (who else? doesn't everyone quote her??) that seems very applicable to many current situations in my life right now.

Oh and by the way, we are going to have a gender reveal party.... more about that later. =]

“People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway. 
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway. 
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway. 
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway. 
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway. 
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.” Mother Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment