Monday, February 6, 2012

I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always




Good evening, good morning, good afternoon readers!

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers for us today (this is me believing that each of you thought about us today, because I'm sure your busy lives did not get in the way, he he). Tim, my mom, and I got to see our sweet, sweet baby love today.  They were screening for down syndrome, but they said we won't find out the results for at least two weeks.  It was pretty easy for me!--just an ultrasound where we all oooh'd and ahhhhh'd over the sweetest little profile of a baby you have ever seen. Oh, and a finger prick where they put my blood on some paper to send off. Finger pricks=worse than labor I am sure.

Some stats: baby's heart was 148 beats per minute--right on track. I have lost about 2 pounds since my last visit, but they say that is normal for this time. I'm sure I will more than make up for it in trimesters two and three!! The ultrasound tech (nurse? assistant? something) was very nice and kept complimenting how "cute" our baby is....although she couldn't say much of anything, she did quickly whisper that she saw no red flags that concerned her. Here's a gold star and an A+ for you ultrasound lady.

What we loved, absolutely adored the most out of the ultrasound was that he/she was trying so very hard to suck its left thumb.... just like our nephews Eli & Knox did and still do, and (from what my brother tells me) what my niece, Ava, is starting to do. It must run in the family, which is so funny since neither my brothers nor I sucked our thumbs when we were babies.

For your viewing pleasure, the sweetest baby that has ever been:

Hey little nose and lips!

You can see the left hand trying to go into the mouth!

Oh my, how we love you so....

No comments:

Post a Comment