Thursday, February 2, 2012

Kind of a big deal...

I feel like a dud of a blogger today. I kept thinking while sitting here on the couch, windows open, warm sunshiney air coming in, that I needed to update this.... and yet all I have wanted to do is take a nap!! Who cares that it is dinner time?!

This Saturday I will be 12 weeks. 12 weeks, my friends, is kind of a big deal! Depending on what website/book you look at, 12-14 weeks is the end of the first trimester (I don't really understand why there isn't a hard and fast number.... seems like a simple thing to me). I know my body has felt tired--at times feeling like I had overdosed on Benadryl and then been told to stay awake.... I know how very, very nauseous I have felt at times. I know how much I miss enjoying my old favorite foods (Bonsai Japanese anyone? Laurie??!)...... And yet, it seems unreal to me that my first trimester will be over soon. It just seems too.... effortless? I mean, shouldn't I have had to pass a test or something? Work extra hard? Get critiqued and deemed worthy? No? Huh.... weird.

Tim asked me last night if I felt "more pregnant" now that I'm a little further along. My answer? No. I actually feel a little "less pregnant" (pause to calm down Tim from freaking out). I guess because my nausea is much less, I have a little more energy, and my baby "bloat" is kind of giving way to actual "baby," I just feel---well, honestly, I feel like another doctor's appointment would be reassuring! haha. Luckily I have one next week. We will be getting an ultrasound to screen for Down Syndrome--prayers on Monday would be fantastic. You readers are the greatest. =]

Here's a little video of baby from weeks 10-14. If you get a little teary eyed, well you are just like me.



1 comment:

  1. So glad you are feeling better! Praying for ya and that sweet bebe. And a big huge yes to Bonsai...yum!

    ReplyDelete