Saturday, February 4, 2012

What to Expect When Expecting Chaos

Wellllllllllll, twelve weeks to the day.  It's easy for me to watch Anna go through the motions, but hard to watch her suffer through nausea, headaches, and exhaustion.  Not to mention the carpet has a worn patch from the bed to the bathroom due to Anna's frequent obsession with peeing.

Lately everything around us seems to be about pregnancy.  Phoebe from Friends is pregnant, "I didn't know I was pregnant" on TLC (Seriously, how the #$%@ did you not know you were pregnant???).  Then I go to the mailbox and the insurance company has sent a big book about pregnancy.


As I look around the house, I realize how much needs to be done to baby proof our home.  We need to install those cabinet things so cabinet doors are harder for us to open.  We need to buy a rubber coffee table, move every electrical outlet in the house and mount them on the ceiling, and line the floor with cotton.

As I look back before I purchased this house, I always dreamed about a nice office that could hold a beautiful desk that I had bought when in NY.  The day I was able to place that desk in this house was a dream come true.  Hey everyone....guess which room we are going to turn into the babies room???  BYE BYE DESK.

With all that said, when I sit on the couch, daydream with Anna, and rub her belly, it all doesn't matter.  Everything up until this moment happened for a reason.  The fact that Anna and I met in the first place is a miracle.  Now that we are going to have our first child, it all just makes perfect sense.


This is a short post...but NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS!


No comments:

Post a Comment