Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Time WIll Tell (the sex of the baby)

As I read books about what to do and what not to do, I can't help but think everyone has had to mess up in order to write the "Do not do" list.  Well publishing companies, when our baby is born, get your pens ready.

The past couple of weeks have been pretty calm.  A "I have to pee" here and a "my body hurts" there.  I think Anna is more stabilized than I am.  We really are perfect together, and know how to calm one another down, and are even learning how to stop panic before it takes over.  For instance, i say something like "It has teeth, what if.......?!?!?!".......and Anna interrupts with "Tim, it can't eat its way out of my stomach."  Not to mention it has fingernails now, and if it really wanted to it could........ never mind.

We want to know the sex of the baby so bad.  We want to start decorating the nursery, buy clothes, and know if I have to buy figure skates or hockey skates.  Anna has planned a party for her family the day we are supposed to find out the sex of the baby.  Man it would stink if the baby didn't want to cooperate and we couldn't find out that day.  More waiting, and it seems that's what pregnancy is all about.  Not just waiting for the baby, but waiting for test results, or waiting in the waiting room, or waiting to wait.  We are really trying to stay away from baby names until we find out the sex.



As we get closer and closer to August 18, the more I think about the miracle that is forming in Anna's tummy.  Those of you who are parents already know, and those of you who are familiar with pregnancy, it's truly a miracle.  How does something that is a ".", turn into a beautiful baby?

Anna is amazingly beautiful, and the fact that her body is allowing a baby to grow is indescribable.  I know people talk about a "glow" that a woman has when pregnant, but I didn't pay much attention to it before this.  Every time I look at into Anna's eyes, i get shivers down my body.  Who needs pregnancy test?  I'll tell you who, those people on "I didn't know I was pregnant".  I watched it again....HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW.......$%^$?!?!?!

Well, i know this wasn't the most exciting post, just wanted everyone to know what's going on.  Thank you all for your support, and I can't tell everyone how much we appreciate their generosity when it comes to their time, baby stuff, and everything else.  Simply, Thank you.




1 comment:

  1. ahem. missy. I am one of those people who didn't know I was pregnant- both times! haha. I didn't show until right up to having Adriana and I played softball the entire time, so I was super fit. I didn't know until one day I got super dizzy running on the field and almost fainted.

    Ryland, was an ectopic pregnancy. He formed in my fallopian tube. I had no idea until my stomach hurt so badly one day that I went to the doctor. They told me he had burst from it and that if I hadn't come to the doctor sooner, we both would have been dead in less than two weeks. crazy right?

    I'm one of those :) and a lucky one of those at that.

    <3
    have patient my love, you will find out the sex sooner than you think, it seems like a long time but you'll see. you'll have lots of time!

    ReplyDelete